BLUESPROUT – BOOSTING BLUE ENTREPRENEURS' COMPETENCES TOWARD AN ENVIRONMENTAL CARE ECOSYSTEM
PROJECT ID: 2018-1-MT01-K202-038500
TIMELINE: 10/2018 – 01/2021
The BLUESPROUT project develops an innovative training pathway aimed at strengthening the professional skills of operators and entrepreneurs in the Blue Economy sector by supporting, on the one hand, SMEs in their search for capable and competent professional figures and, on the other hand, young people and/or the unemployed in entering the world of work, reducing the gap between the skills acquired during the institutional university course and the demand of companies. The project also contributes to increasing awareness and attention to environmental sustainability, opportunities and innovative trends particularly in coastal and maritime tourism, through the revitalization of coastal marine areas and the expansion of sustainable tourism services.
The main objectives of the project are:
• Improving the institutional ecosystem identifying best practices and replicable models
• Training the trainers in order to support entrepreneurs and wanna-be entrepreneurs in adapting their businesses to current market
• Encouraging the creation of new businesses focused on blue economy with a business model which integrate business competitiveness/growth and environmental protection
The expected results of the project are:
• Creation of an Online map of best practices related to the blue enterprises sector and identification of Best blue entrepreneurs’ cases in EU able to promote blue/sustainable entrepreneurship and drive interested people toward blue economy.
• Creation of Online map and Repository of best practices and statistics/experts’ interviews to be used by teachers/trainers to increase their knowledge.
• Available training materials and methodologies to support entrepreneurs/want to-be entrepreneurs in creating blue enterprises, or in renew their business.