OFFSET – DIGITALIZATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP FOR HANDCRAFTING SECTOR VET
PROJECT ID: 2021-1-ES01-KA220-VET-000033230
TIMELINE: 03/2022 – 04/2024
The Offset Project intends to foster the acquisition of digital and entrepreneurial skills for handcrafting entrepreneurs and handicraftsmen, affecting both the educational and digital society themes of the “Europe 2020 Strategy” COM(2010) 2020 final, and following the indications given by the “Digital Education Action Plan” COM(2018) 22 final. It aims to facilitate the passage through the digital transformation for handcrafting entrepreneurs (present and potential), making them able to use digital skills and transforming them into digital artisans, through their participation to VET trainings.
The main objectives of the project are:
• Producing a collection of best practices and educational materials to fill digital and entrepreneurial knowledge gaps for handcrafting VET trainers and business coaches.
• Create/enhance handcrafting entrepreneurs’ digital and entrepreneurial skills and competencies.
• Improve the awareness of present handcrafting entrepreneurs and investors on the possibilities offered by digital technologies and instruments implementation in handcrafting sector.
The expected results of the project are:
• Increase the knowledge of VET providers and business coaches on the already existing good and best practices in the field of digitalization of the handcrafting sector, also increasing their awareness regarding the possibilities it offers to startups and already existing enterprises.
• Increase the knowledge of present entrepreneurs and investors on the topics stated above, as a way of obtaining a multiplier effect on digitalization application to handcrafting sector entrepreneurship.
• Supporting the creation of locally based digital handcrafting startups.