FINMAN – PERSONAL FINANCE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
PROJECT ID: 2020-1-BG01-KA204-079069
TIMELINE: 09/2020- 01/2023
The FINMAN project aims to reach people with low financial skills, among which low-income individuals, women, young people and less educated, older adults, NEETS and other disadvantaged groups
The project will produce tailored training content on the most relevant topics of financial literacy, providing real life-oriented knowledge and crucial financial competences. This content will cover a series of courses, based on the understanding of the problems in the target groups and will be later transferred to an online training platform, where it will be easily accessed by the larger public.
The main objectives of the project are:
• Answer to the need for methodological tools for teaching this complicated topic in an accessible language;
• Increase trainers’ competences with respect to active usage of digital tools and gamification elements;
• Engage all relevant stakeholders in order to improve financial literacy education and make it accessible for all by developing the FINMAN blueprint for cooperation.
The expected results of the project are:
• A modular training course, based on consultation with experts during specially designed focus groups;
• An online depository, hosting the whole training course, and serving as an aggregator for useful materials from outside sources;
• A trainer’s guide on the application of training content and utilization of online training tools;
• A specialized training platform that will be available for at least 5 years after the end of the project and give easy access to an interactive training program for self or group organized training;
• Online database with financial experts/organizations who provide consultant services setting the base for a community of support and cooperation in the sphere of financial literacy;
• A FINMAN blueprint for cooperation will stimulate cooperation between relevant stakeholders and further exploitation and transferability of project results into school, university and VET programs.