AGORA – Transforming local ecosystems through learning and co-design of regenerative tourism experiences
PROJECT ID: 2022-1-FR01-KA220-ADU-000086999
TIMELINE: 01/12/2022 – 30/11/2025
The AGORA project aims to transform the local ecosystems through learning, enhancing interconnectivity between community partners, local (food and wine) producers, and tourism agents, and co-design of regenerative tourism experiences.
The main objectives of the project are:
• To support local ecosystems by interconnecting community partners, local producers, tourism agents and co-designing of regenerative tourism experiences based on authenticity and sustainability;
• To enhance the capabilities of community learning centres;
• To interconnect ecosystem agents and encourage them to learn and co-design authentic, immersive, and meaningful experiences for the guests that bring forward the uniqueness of each community.
The expected results of the project are:
• Improved capacity of tourism local ecosystems to become more regenerative through the uptake of sustainable/regenerative practices;
• Increased Lifelong Learning (LLL) opportunities for adults focused on improving life skills;
• Increased n. of tourism ecosystem agents prepared to face the challenges imposed by societal demands for sustainability;
• Increased n. of adult educators equipped with the required competences to train adults to develop immersive experiences as a key tool for regenerative tourism ecosystems.